Today’s post opens the series of my notes I will collect during preparation for the Microsoft exam 70-483 which focuses on programming in C#.
I use C# language at work for more or less 3 years now. I can say I possess broad knowledge of the language although it’s a bit messy in some topics like: multithreading, diagnostic, reflection and a few more. I decided to eliminate those weaknesses by passing the 70-483 exam. Additional benefit is that passing mentioned exam gives a Microsoft Specialist certification.
The material covered by the exam is divided into four groups:
Manage program flow (25%)
- Process, Thread, Asynchrony, Parallel – what is the difference?
- Discovering System.Threading namespace, the Thread class
Create and use types (24%)
Debug applications and implement security (25%)
Implement data access (26%)
I will put my future posts related with the exam into corresponding groups. The details about each group are available on the official site of the exam. Unfortunately my posts will not cover all the material. I will focus only on the topics I need to improve.
Below I collected a list of materials I’m using for the preparation.
- MCSD Certification Toolkit (Exam 70-483) Programming in C#*
- Exam Ref 70-483: Programming in C#*
- Programming in C# Jump Start
- C# in Depth, 3rd Edition*
* – those books are available on IT eBooks site.